- surface area
- characteristics of 2D shapes
- characteristics of 3D shapes
- google sketchup
- measurement of 2D and 3D shapes
- volume of 3D shapes
- 3D drawing
- building 3D models
And we still have to investigate....
- 3D perspective
- 3D nets
- artistic design
- company logos and sustainable packaging
- shipping options and cost analysis
- shipping routes and measuring distance on a map
It has been a fantastic way to start off the year. We are zooming in and out of the project, working on it for a while and then stopping to fill in the blanks. When we are zoomed out, the kids are super engaged because they know that what we are studying has a purpose and a goal; to get this box made and shipped. They make the connections themselves and they explicitly figure out why we are doing what we do.
This weekend I bought another teapot. We have three groups working and I decided that they all needed to ship to somewhere. The newest teapot is going to Indonesia, to @jasongraham99.
Almost there! Expect a blog post when it is all done....