- Students sit with a partner and choose who is A and who is B
- Person A, grabs a clipboard and a pencil and sits with their back to the screen; person B sits in front of their partner, facing the screen
- Teacher puts an image up on the screen
- Person B will explain to person A what the image looks like; Person A will draw the image
- Only use words, no hand gestures of any kind; sit on your hands!
- No looking at, or showing the paper until finished
- Person A, no turning around and looking
- Both A and B are allowed to talk, and ask each other as many questions as they want
Very effective for Geometry, shapes and oral explanations. Also useful as a diagnostic to see what students already know.